Client Service Team Leader – Advice Operations
An exciting opportunity has been created within our Wealth Management team. We’re looking for an experienced team player to fulfil a key role in bringing out the best in client service, delivery and standards across the business for the whole wealth team. To succeed in this role, you must have a proven record of accomplishment and sound understanding of the financial planning industry.
- You have a strong commitment to quality and a focus on getting the job done
- You understand compliance frameworks and how to work within them
- You are looking for a challenging role that involves collaboration and connection with a client centric approach to best practice across all internal operations and systems
- You have excellent time management and prioritisation skills, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- You know how to manage workflow and support resources, both internal and external to the business
- You are an effective communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- You have experience in a high-level support role in a financial services practice
About the business
The business is a highly successful Hillross practice which offers a comprehensive range of services and is part of a broader business advisory and accounting practice. The team has a strong commitment to helping clients achieved their desired outcomes and goals.
The firm is a progressive and holistic financial advice business with a supportive management team, excellent facilities and a friendly, welcoming and inclusive culture. The firm has offices in Maitland and Newcastle, with this role being based with the wealth team in the Maitland office.
About the role
You will report directly to the wealth Practice Principal. The role will be a busy one, focused on achieving outcomes and ‘getting the job done’.
The role will involve co-ordinating workflow, review and enhancement of systems and processes, ensuring compliance standards are achieved, quality overview and supervision of support staff, and overall being able to support the financial advisors in the practice to deliver high quality advice in a timely and effective manner. You will supervise day to day work of the Client Service Co-ordinator and oversee the effective delivery of support services utilising available technology and systems, while looking for continuous improvement and solutions across the support functions of the business.
There will also be hands on involvement in implementation of client strategies and plans, preparation of client correspondence, documents, templates and standards. Following through actions from initial contact to completion with your eye for detail and problem solving will also be an integral part of the role.
You will be kept engaged with a variety of tasks and challenges across the co-ordination and management of the operational functions of the business. There are opportunities to progress your career within the firm as you deliver outcomes and grow into strategic and management decision making.
A competitive salary and great workplace culture awaits the right candidate. To apply, please email your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Accountant - Business Advisory & Assurance
- Accountant - Chartered / CPA
- Permanent / Full Time
Pitcher Partners Newcastle is a leading Mid-Tier chartered accounting firm with a reputation built on quality of service and a commitment to excellence. Due to this success our Business Advisory & Assurance team has experienced a high level of growth due to winning a number of new clients & opportunities. To support this growth we are in urgent need of a Senior Auditor.
You will play an important role in the provision of audit and assurance services to our clients, with a focus on servicing a range of clients from industries such as Local Government, Not For Profit and Private and Growth. The position requires sound knowledge of accounting standards and the audit process. You will also be responsible for the delivery of audit work to high level for review, planning, which includes all related correspondence, documentation and reporting.
- Read, understand and follow audit planning memo and audit program
- Develop Audit plans as required
- Undertake field work for financial and compliance audits including interim and final testing
- Prepare work papers in accordance with Audit Methodology, preparation of clear and concise reports
- Fully utilise Audit software program Caseware and advise junior staff on usage
- Prepare statutory financial statements. Prepare basic tax computations
- Apply computer simulations and computer assisted techniques in performing audit engagements
- Draft technical memo's for manager and partner review
- Provide feedback to staff on a regular basis during and at completion of assignments
- Liaise with Managers to ensure jobs are reviewed and completed on time.
- University Graduate with solid credit results having commenced CA
- Minimum of 3-4 years current full time equivalent work experience gained ideally within a Big 4 or Mid Tier Chartered Firm.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting standards and tax, as well as a detailed understanding of the audit process and audit risk assessment
- Ability to prepare work paper files in accordance with firm and divisional standards and train junior staff in this regard.
- Proven ability to delegate lower level work to junior staff where it is cost effective
You will experience a supportive environment, collaborative culture, exposure to a breadth of client & industries, experience a full range of audit tasks and workplace flexibility. You will also be rewarded with a competitive salary, and on- going commitment to professional development and advancement.
Interested or know anyone in your network that is? Send your CV to email@example.com