Daniel is a Partner in the Private Business and Family Advisory division of Pitcher Partners Sydney. Focusing on high-net wealth families, Daniel’s role is to provide advice and compliance support for a significant number of the firm’s most wealthy individual clients. With a focus on individuals, Daniel utilises his specialised tax and structuring expertise to maximise value from the perspective of the business owner, executive or investor, through a big picture strategic planning approach.
Having gained substantial exposure to the U.S. tax regime through his work for mobile executives and international families, Daniel now regularly presents to local tax practitioners on the complex topic of U.S. and Australian cross border taxation.
Areas of expertise
- Personal tax: Daniel works proactively with clients to understand and optimise their personal tax position, including planning around the realisation of investments, getting value out of structures and taxation of employee shares
- International tax: Daniel’s comprehensive experience in cross border strategies and inbound /outbound residency issues, gives him specialist insight into tax planning for clients with U.S. backgrounds
- Structuring: extensive experience in the use of available structures to develop personal wealth, protect assets and facilitate family / business succession, including advice around different types of trusts, super funds, and corporate vehicles.
- Private equity
- Employee share schemes
- Commercial property
- Structured financial products
Memberships & Qualifications
- Member - the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
- Member - the Taxation Institute of Australia with the designation of Chartered Tax Advisor
19th November 2019
Despite protectionism being on the rise in recent times, the world remains
relatively globalised with people choosing to live overseas on a short-...
5th August 2019
Until recently, the US tax base has only covered the passive income of
foreign corporations owned by US citizens and residents. The recent reforms...
30th January 2017
It remains to be seen how much of Trump’s pre-campaign rhetoric makes its
way into policy, but here are the major details of what’s been said ...
Services & Specialisations
Information in business is the key to being able to make the right decisions at the right ...Discover More
Tax affects every individual, public, private and multinational company, each with their o...Discover More
Forward thinking businesses who strive to maintain competitiveness or achieve strategic gr...Discover More
Growth and competitiveness opportunities exist for everyone. Finding them and then exploit...Discover More
The business structure should balance between your short and long term objectives, success...Discover More
Back to People
A key business strategy for any organisation is to manage their tax obligation at the same...Discover More